Sunday 29 August 2021

August 2021: An apology

No Random Kitchen this month, I'm afraid - way too much going on, from a protracted (though successfully completed) house move, to family stuff, to watching the Olympics when I could have been making a fennel and caramel soufflé or whatever the hell else is lurking in the pages of my cookbook collection, just waiting to be unearthed by the finger of fate.

Normal service will resume in September. 🙌

I have, however, received a new addition to the collection as a housewarming gift - the veritable Bible of German baking, which should hopefully provide plenty of translation-related merriment (as well as some pleasingly weighty bakes).

And on the other side of the collection refresh, not only did several cookbooks get snapped up from outside our old house almost immediately, including Everyday Novelli (dear new owner, I am so very sorry) - but a few weeks have now passed since this tweet:


...and I'm thrilled to say that Barbara Kafka is no longer to be found on those esteemed shelves! Now, there are some big empty gaps in there now, so I can't say for sure that The Microwave Gourmet hasn't just been thrown in the bin by whoever periodically curates the place (and I wouldn't blame them) - but I like to think there's someone, somewhere in Lewisham, currently discovering the unique joys of "Apple Butter" and "Thanksgiving Pudding".

Although I still wouldn't rule this out altogether...

 See you next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment